Job Openings Available Now
Medical Receptionist/Front Office Specialist.
At PeakMedIQ Occupational Medicine, we are built upon the strength of our people. Guided by our foundational TEAM values - Trustworthy, Engaged, Accountable, Mission Oriented - we understand that our achievements are cultivated through collective dedication. Success is realized when individual commitments seamlessly align with a shared purpose.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet patients, clients, and visitors upon arrival, providing a warm and professional welcome to the practice.
- Register new patients and clients by collecting necessary demographic, insurance, and medical information.
- Schedule, confirm, and manage patient and client appointments, including coordinating appointment requests from employers and external providers.
- Answer multi-line phone system, addressing patient and client inquiries, and directing calls to appropriate personnel.
- Verify insurance eligibility and obtain necessary authorizations for services, working closely with the billing department to ensure accurate billing and collections.
- Maintain patient and client confidentiality, adhering to HIPAA guidelines and PeakMEDIQ’s privacy policies.
- Collect payments for DOT physicals and self-pay services, providing receipts and maintaining accurate records.
- Update patient and client records and clinical documentation as needed, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Collaborate with clinical and administrative staff to facilitate patient flow and ensure smooth daily operations.
- Monitor waiting areas for cleanliness and patient comfort, addressing any concerns or issues that arise.
- Assist in the maintenance of office supplies and equipment, placing orders as needed and managing inventory.
- Participate in staff meetings and ongoing training, remaining up-to-date on best practices in occupational medicine office administration.
At PeakMedIQ Occupational Medicine, we are built upon the strength of our people. Guided by our foundational TEAM values - Trustworthy, Engaged, Accountable, Mission Oriented - we understand that our achievements are cultivated through collective dedication. Success is realized when individual commitments seamlessly align with a shared purpose.Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Provide support in preparing injured workers for medical assessments, recording vital signs, and documenting detailed medical histories.
- Collaborate in coordinating and performing necessary medical procedures and treatments for workers injured on the job, in alignment with established protocols and medical guidance.
- Work closely with medical providers to ensure timely and appropriate care for injured workers, including referrals and treatments as necessary.
- Assist with rooming and preparing DOT physicals for medical providers.
- Perform DOT/Non-DOT drug screens, and assist with other pre-employment services when required, ensuring adherence to protocols and accurate documentation.
- Maintain electronic medical records, capturing patient information, progress notes, and treatment strategies with precision.
- Effectively communicate with both injured workers and employers, providing updates on medical progress, work-related restrictions, and return-to-work statuses while upholding strict confidentiality.
- Facilitate educational sessions for injured workers on post-injury health measures, occupational health and safety practices, and the management of work-related injuries.
- Efficiently coordinate appointments, procedures, and follow-up visits for injured workers, ensuring seamless access to care.
- Engage in administrative tasks, such as managing patient files, answering calls, and assisting with paperwork related to Workman’s Compensation cases, DOT physicals, drug screens, and pre-employment services.
- Foster seamless collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, including physicians, nurse practitioners, administrative staff, and other healthcare professionals, to ensure comprehensive care for injured workers and all other services.
- Uphold strict compliance with relevant guidelines, regulations, and protocols, encompassing OSHA, Workman’s Compensation regulations, HIPAA, DOT, and peakMEDIQ policies and procedures.
- Pursue ongoing professional development and training to enhance clinical competencies and remain up-to-date with advancements in occupational medicine.
- Undertake additional responsibilities as directed by the clinical supervisor/manager or medical provider, ensuring the smooth functioning of our core mission: providing exceptional care to injured workers and a full range of occupational health services.
Limited Scope Xray Technician
At PeakMedIQ Occupational Medicine, we are built upon the strength of our people. Guided by our foundational TEAM values - Trustworthy, Engaged, Accountable, Mission Oriented - we understand that our achievements are cultivated through collective dedication. Success is realized when individual commitments seamlessly align with a shared purpose.Responsibilities:
- Perform Xray imaging procedures as directed by physicians and healthcare professionals.
- Ensure the safety and comfort of patients during procedures, explaining the process and answering any questions they may have.
- Prepare and position patients for Xray imaging, ensuring proper alignment and use of protective equipment.
- Operate Xray equipment and related machinery in a safe and effective manner.
- Assist with limited Medical Assistant (MA) duties, as needed.
- Participate in administrative tasks to support the clinic’s operations.
- Maintain accurate patient records and documentation of Xray procedures.
- Collaborate with the medical team to ensure high-quality patient care and accurate image interpretation.
- Adhere to all relevant safety protocols and regulations.