Injury and Therapy Care Workflow Process at peakMEDIQ Occupational Medicine, LLC
At peakMEDIQ, our streamlined injury and therapy care workflow process ensures that injured workers receive efficient and effective treatment. By closely following the steps outlined below, we minimize recovery time, reduce costs, and support employees on their journey back to a healthy and productive work life.
1. Initial Evaluation/ Treatment Plan Development
- Our medical professionals conduct a thorough evaluation of the employee’s injury.
- If necessary, diagnostic tests such as X-rays or MRIs may be ordered to determine the extent of the injury.
- Our team develops a customized treatment plan based on the employee’s unique needs and the Colorado Division of Workers’ Compensation treatment guidelines.
- The plan includes medical treatment, therapy care, and any necessary accommodations or modifications for the employee’s return to work.
2. Physical/Massage/Chiro Therapy Referral (if required)
- Our medical professionals refer the employee to our physical/massage/chiro therapy team for specialized care.
- The physical/massage/chiro therapist conducts an in-depth assessment and collaborates with the employee and medical team to establish therapy goals and a personalized treatment plan.
3. Ongoing Treatment and Monitoring/ Communication and Collaboration
- The employee receives regular medical care and therapy sessions as outlined in their treatment plan.
- Our medical professionals and therapists closely monitor the employee’s progress and adjust the treatment plan as needed.
- Throughout the process, our team maintains open communication with the employee, employer, and insurance company.
- We provide timely updates on the employee’s progress and coordinate any necessary accommodations or modifications to facilitate a successful return to work.
4. Discharge and Follow-Up
- Upon successful completion of the treatment plan, the employee is discharged from our care.
- We provide the employee with education on injury prevention and self-management strategies to minimize the risk of future injuries.